Recipes to Try When Cooking with CBD Oil
As total foodies, we understand the happiness that can come from enjoying a great meal or following a new recipe. We’re always on the lookout for new and interesting ways to shake things up and try something new to share. Cooking with CBD oil can be a fun, creative, and potentially beneficial way to add a little something something extra to your favorite foods.
To get you into the CBD food spirit, we’re taking a look at cooking with CBD oil, some tips for using it in your kitchen, and a few fun CBD food recipes you can try out. Read on and get inspired. 👩🏻🍳
Can You Cook With CBD Oil?
Wait–can you cook with CBD oil? You can, but it’s important to know a few tips for how to cook with CBD oil so you don’t accidentally reduce its potency. After all, if you want to add your favorite CBD tincture to a recipe, you want to get all the potential benefits of it, right?
For the CBD curious diving into new uses, many start out with delicious CBD drink recipes. CBD oil products are easier to mix into a drink without having to worry about excessive heat levels affecting potency like you may have to when cooking with CBD.
When you’re cooking with CBD, there’s a few things to consider to maximize the potential benefits of your product:
- Don’t cook CBD over direct heat
- Do combine CBD oil with another oil while cooking to boost absorption potential
- Do try cooking with CBD oil in recipes under 350 degrees Fahrenheit
Direct heat or excessive heat over 350 degrees Fahrenheit may change the composition of your CBD oil and cause it to lose its potency. Less potency means it may not be as potentially beneficial as it would be normally. For example, if you’re baking with CBD, find a recipe that keeps the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or under. You also need to plan ahead for how many servings you plan to eat at once, adjusting your dosage accordingly.
Baking isn’t the only method for how to cook with CBD. You can add CBD oil to just about any meal from salads to grilled skewers. Lots of people even enjoy adding CBD oil to their favorite stir fry! Keeping in mind not to add CBD oil to direct heat, it’s best to add it to the finished product in a stir fry in order to maintain all its potential benefits. When used as a finishing touch to top off your favorite recipes, the options for cooking with CBD are practically limitless.
What Are the Benefits of Cooking With CBD Oil?
Now that you’ve got a better idea on some good practices for cooking with CBD oil, what are the benefits of using it in your recipes? Many people use CBD together as part of their daily self-care rituals. It may help with pain relief, reduce anxiety, help you cope with stress, or give you the boost you need to start your day. Others look to the potential benefits of CBD oil to help them unwind after a long day, instead.
Regardless of why you choose to explore CBD, cooking with CBD gives you the opportunity to add to those benefits, as well. Instead of just focusing on sweet treats and candy, cooking with CBD oil lets you add it to healthier meals and snacks, too. You still maintain control over dosing while having the opportunity to add interesting flavors to create new and exciting variations of your favorites!
3 Delish CBD Dinner Recipes to Try
All this talk about cooking with CBD oil has us hungry. We’re leaving to go cook now, bye!
JK, you didn’t think we’d tell you how to cook with CBD oil and not give you any recipes to try, did you?
We’ve shared some of our favorite CBD snacks before (those vegan mint chocolate chip cookies are 🤤), so this time we’re giving you these delicious CBD dinner recipes to try:
- Vegan mint stir fry with tofu noodles that is bursting with fresh flavors
- Grilled key lime chicken skewers to brighten up any day
- Lebanese fattoush salad with mint dressing that is colorful, crisp, and satisfying
CBD Dinner Recipe 1: Vegan Mint Stir Fry With Tofu Noodles
This vegan stir fry is loaded with fresh flavors and topped off with the Enchant(mint) CBD oil tincture to really bring out the fresh minty flavor.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Recipe makes 4 servings
- ½ pound extra firm tofu
- Grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1½ cups yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1½ cups broccoli, finely chopped
- 1¼ cups red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1¼ cups carrot peels (about 2 large carrots)
- 1 cup loosely packed, fresh mint leaves
- ⅓ cup orange juice (preferably freshly squeezed)
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 4 servings hello amber Enchant(mint) CBD tincture
- Prep the tofu. Pat it dry with paper towels, then cut into 2 smaller pieces. Use a vegetable peeler to make super thin " tofu noodles" from the smaller pieces and set aside. If there are pieces at the end that are too small to peel, simply cut them into thin slices to be used.
- Peel the carrots, continuing to peel them until you have as many noodles/ribbons as possible.
- Coat the bottom of a large sauté pan with the grapeseed oil. Over medium-high heat, add the onion and garlic. Stir often, until the onion is soft and starting to turn golden.
- Add the carrots and broccoli to the pan, and cook just until tender (about 6 minutes).
- Gently stir in the pepper, mint leaves, and tofu noodles. If any of the noodles tear, that's okay!
- Finally, add the orange juice and chili paste. Mix gently, season with salt and pepper, and top it off with the hello amber Enchant(mint) CBD tincture.
Bonus Tip: Use extra firm tofu to make easier noodles. This CBD dinner recipe can also be made with chicken instead of tofu, for those not looking for a vegan/vegetarian option.
CBD Dinner Recipe 2: Grilled Key Lime Chicken Skewers
These tender and juicy marinated chicken skewers are light and refreshing. They’re perfect for any spring or summer dinner!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes (including marinating)
Recipe makes 6 servings
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Limes for garnish (optional)
- 6 servings hello amber Cloud Kissed Lime CBD tincture
- Cut chicken into one inch squares.
- For the marinade, combine soy sauce, honey, vegetable oil, lime juice, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Place the marinade and chicken breasts in a gallon sized bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and slide chicken pieces on to the skewers. You can also add thin slices of lime in between each piece of chicken for added flavor.
- Baste chicken with sauce once you place them on the grill or griddle. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes on each side until no longer pink in the center.
- Top each serving with hello amber Cloud Kissed Lime CBD tincture and serve.
CBD Dinner Recipe 3: Fattoush Salad with Mint Dressing
This Lebanese salad is colorful, crisp, and refreshing without leaving you hungry. While it does involve some prep work, it’s worth it for sure!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Recipe makes 4 servings
- 8 to 10 ounces fresh romaine lettuce, chopped (about 1 medium head of lettuce)
- 1 large tomato, chopped (or 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered )
- 1 cup Persian or English cucumber, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 cup red onion, chopped (about 1 small onion)
- ½ cup radish, chopped
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- ½ cup crumbled feta (optional)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup packed fresh mint leaves
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 servings hello amber Enchant(mint) CBD tincture
- To prepare the salad: In a large serving bowl, combine the chopped lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, radish, mint, optional parsley and feta
- To make the dressing: In a food processor, combine all of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Note: Don’t forget to evenly divide the dressing between each serving to regulate dosing. You may also choose to add tincture to each salad individually instead.
We hope this guide to cooking with CBD oil has inspired you to get creative with CBD recipes! You can try out the CBD dinner recipes we shared or make your own to bring your A-game to the dinner table.
Remember to always measure out the proper dosage for each serving. Each person will have a different experience when using CBD products. Find the right balance and dosage that works for you and get to cooking!
PS: If you end up trying any of these, tag us on Instagram (@helloamberco) so we can check out your masterpieces.